Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Karthiga begins a new journey with Dindigul

Though she made a beginning with 'Nam Naadu' opposite Sarath Kumar in Tamil, she was still to strike the right chord until 'Dindigul Sarathy' happened.

'I was given an offer to act in the Tamil remake of Malayalam hit 'Vadakku Nokki Enthiram'. Everyone asked to reconsider the offer stating that it has lesser known star cast and that comedian Karunaas is playing the hero. However I had faith in the script. It paid rich dividends now. 'Dindigul Sarathy' has taken me to very household today', says Karthiga.

She is currently acting in movies including 'Nootrukku Nooru' opposite Vinay, A couple of Tamil movies 'Aaru Maname', 'Naalai Namadhe' and a Malayalam flick 'Gowsthubam'.

"I want to choose scripts, where the story is the real hero. All my forthcoming films have different storyline and I have a scope to play", she says and adds, "I want to concentrate more on Tamil. I want to achieve a lot here".

No comments: